Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The man in the mirror...

UPDATE 2: The price on this house has been reduced to 463K. It's now $405 a square foot, which is still too high in my opinion.

UPDATE
: The price on this house was just reduced to 499K. That's still $436 a square foot, so I wouldn't call it a bargain. My guess is that this one will not sell until it's around 450K.

Feeling a bit cranky today so I'm going to vent my frustration on this listing :)

"Beautifully remodeled W. Petaluma Home" - Let me start by saying that this home is technically in West Petaluma due to its proximity to 101, but it resides in that sort of in between area that's most people do not associate with the quaint, we're-near-the-new-theatre-district, West side of town. It's just off of Payran near the river, where all that construction is going on. Granted, Payran will be "comp repaved by end of
year", but until then, cone zone baby. Personally, I used to live in this area and didn't really like it. To each their own.

"Price reduced for quick sale!" - It shows as being on Redfin for a day, so I assume it was listed, pulled off the market, the price was lowered and then relisted. Anywho, they are currently asking 535K for this 1,144 square foot home that was built back in 1960. They mention a "beautiful remodel", but that still comes to $468 a square foot. That's a bit steep for this location in my opinion and the house doesn't really look that nice to me. Maybe I "must see to appreciate", per the
listing, but I'm not motivated at this price.

And finally, a bit of advice to the man in the bathroom mirror -- if you step to the side and just kind of point the camera in at an angle, we wouldn't have to witness your summer duds and be blinded by the paparazzi flash of your camera.

No comments: